3 Minute Read
We always say that a budget helps you know where your money is going instead of wondering where it went. Simply put, the budget helps you take control of your most powerful wealth-building tool—your income.
Here are 29 phrases you might have heard someone say before they started taking control of their money.
1. Oh my gosh. Christmas is next month!
2. Car payments are just a way of life.
4. I’ll worry about retirement when I get older.
Local experts you can trust.Find an ELP
5. Can I borrow $20 to make it to payday?
6. Hey honey, what’s the password to our online bank account?
8. Ah, what the heck, you only live once!
9. What’s the big deal about debt anyway?
11. How much do I have to pay per month?
12. Can you tell me how to get to the rent-to-own store?
13. Where does all our money go?
15. Do we have room on the credit card? Well, of course we can afford it!
16. Overdraft fees are killing me!
17. I don’t know where the money’s going to come from, but I’ll make it happen.
18. I don’t need a budget because I track my expenses every day!
19. The payments on my mattress are interest-free for six months.
You May Also Like
21. I’ll charge it now and worry about paying for it later.
22. I’d love to give more, but I just don’t have any extra money.
23. We got a great deal on an adjustable-rate mortgage.
25. How am I going to pay for my kids’ college?
26. I deserve it.
27. I don’t have time to budget.
28. Debt is a tool to help you become wealthy.
If you’ve ever said any of those 29 phrases, that’s completely okay. But we want to help you avoid ever having to say them again!
You CAN make a budget that actually works, get out of debt, and take control of your money. And Financial Peace University can help. Join the 4.5 million people who have found success with Dave's most popular money class! Learn more.